TH-F6/F7 Pilot allows the control of Kenwood handset TH-F6 TH-F7 . Through this CAT software, it is possible to manage all the basic features of the radio. It provides the basic commands and configurations for receiving and transmitting in simplex mode and through repeaters.
The software is written in Java so it can be used in every computer environment that supports:
I have tested the software, with a TH-F7e, in:
- Windows XP 32 bit
- Windows Vista 64 bit (Java 64 bit and Java 32 bit)
- Windows 7 64 bit (Java 64 bit)
- Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Raspberry Pi Wheezy - Raspbian 2012-09-18 (OpenJDK 6)
Let me know if you are using the software in another environment and, if possible, how you managed to make it work.
Download and run:
Once the Java environment is installed, the only necessary step to use the program is to unzip the distribution file in a directory and run it. At the moment, three different zip files are available.
- TH-F6F7_Beta1_Windows_Java32bit Download
- TH-F6F7_Beta1_Windows64bit_Java64bit Download
- TH-F6F7_Beta1 Download
The first two files come with the serial port support files inside. So, just run the file run.bat.
The third one is platform independent. To run the TH-F6/F7 program from that, you need to install the serial port support and run the command “java –jar TH-F7Pilot.jar”. To install the serial port support, please refer to the RxTx project instructions.
- The auto find option will write the command “ID” in every serial port until a TH-F6 or a TH-F7 will be found (or all the ports are tested). Be sure that this will not interfere with any of the possible serial devices connected to your computer.
- Use the mouse to press the “TX” or “1750” button. Otherwise the listener will experience a clipping on your modulation.
- Setting up the 8.33 KHz step in the air band could be a hard task. To do it easily, move to the frequency 119037500 Hz with a step of 12.5 o 6.25 and then set up the 8.33 step.
- Some seconds will pass from when you choose the serial port until when the main program window displays. Be patient. If the program is started from a shell the exchanging data between the radio and the computer can be seen.
- The main window program may appear closed on itself. Expand it dragging a border.
- Copy the data, from the call channel into the VFO, will not produce the desired effect.
- In Mac OS X 10.6 the window layout is not good
This software is an amateur creation, and was done in spare time. But, althought it’s very far away from the high quality commercial software to which now we are used to, I am sure that it will be possible to use it with satisfation.
This program is copyright (C) 2010 of IK2ZSH – Enrico Fustinoni
and is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/
Terms and conditions:
Although the software is distributed according to the GNU license, at the moment, the source code is not available for download. Do not hesitate to contact me if you want to have a copy or to contribute in any way to the software.
This software is provided as is. No responsibility of any kind is taken by the author.
Remember that connecting a radio and a pc could lead to serious damage to both the equipments and to shocking hazard too. So, if you are not qualified or you do not know how to do it, do not do it.
Although the author has tried Java and serial driver on his computers he doesn’t guarantee that they work on your environment and that they are safe for you to use.
*** Use at your own risk!! ***
All the trademarks are properties of their owner.
This site and the author are not related in any way to any entity (corporation, person, brand, trademark, …) mentioned in this page.
Many thanks for their work to:
IK2ZSH – Enrico Fustinoni
email: my callsign @ this domain name